Pages

Monday, October 23, 2017

How To Be A Monday Person...


 

   


"Great things never come from being comfortable"



Happy Monday!


      Today is a day that most of us dread, unfortunately so, while the very few of us, like myself, go to bed every Sunday night absolutely looking forward to a goooood Monday. Now, don't get me wrong, we all get the Monday-blue's every now and then and find ourselves unable to battle the unpreparedness and sadness that this particular day of the week brings, but I'm here to share with you just exactly how to become a prepared and excited Monday-er!


   Sunday is Your New Best friend....
           Most of us aren't aware that usually the reasoning for our crappy and dreadful Monday's is due to our lack of preparedness during Sunday's. Sunday's are the days that you get to get your life together by either going to church early in the morning, doing some Sunday cleaning, catching up on any homework you need to get done, and usually planning out your week. I find that if I spend more time getting my to-do list done on Sunday and finishing all of my schoolwork due that week, I feel a lot better going into the rest of my week. It gives you a sense of pride knowing that you worked hard enough on Sunday to where Monday should just be a breeze. I would recommend using Sunday to wake up early, go to the gym, make a to-do list that will get you ahead for the week, and even taking time to relax so you don't feel super stressed the next day when you wake up.

  Challenge Yourself...
          Now this may work for some and not work for others but I find that challenging myself on a Monday not only makes me feel more accomplished but also makes me feel as if I can handle just about anything. My type of Monday morning challenges usually include having my hardest workout scheduled early in the a.m., running some errands, and even cleaning up my room/house/apartment that particular morning. This may seem like a lot to tackle head on but after I wake up with the mindset that I have a challenge to conquer (and I go about actually conquering it) I usually feel really good and ready for the rest of the challenges that come with Monday's. 

  Treat Yourself (Monday Morning Exclusively)...
         Incentives always were a proper way of getting someone to actually get up and do something, so why not try it here? Giving yourself a reason to wake up every Monday with something you look forward to can do wonders to your mood for the rest of the day. My usual incentive is an extra large cup of coffee with my favorite creamer ever (International Delight Hazelnut) or sometimes it can even be a really exciting workout I have planned for the morning, it's all personal to you! 

    Change Your Mindset, Change Your Life...
         A mental attitude is really everything in just about anything you do in life. If you go to bed absolutely dreading the next day to come, you're probably going to wake up with the same feeling. Monday's are inevitable, no matter how much we don't like them they're going to keep showing up. So rather than waking up every Monday morning with an attitude of "I hate Monday's", why not change your perspective? Think of it as a brand new fresh start to your week. It marks the beginning of new challenges, new adventures, new experiences and new material to learn. If you start to think of your week as something new and fresh every Monday, you will be surprised as to how ready and more prepared you'll feel. At the end of the day, how you feel and how you finish your day, is always up to you!


    I hope my tips on how to tackle a Monday head on will help you in tackling yours too! Please feel free to comment any comments or questions or even contact me! Happy Monday!


love always,  A



No comments:

Post a Comment